There is sometimes a requirement for structural calculations to be provided for steel beams to span large openings or other structurally sensitive alterations to your project. As the structural requirements for each and every project can be so different it is impossible for us to include structural design and calculations in our standard packages, some projects require no structural work while others could require significant input from a structural engineer.
In order that every customer gets the best possible value for money we do not provide structural calculations. Instead we have a panel of suitably qualified engineers who provide us with competitive quotations for the specific structural requirements of your project - we pass these quotes straight to you, together with the bulk discounts we get from the engineers, so you can be sure you are getting great value for money.
You can be sure that you will only pay for the structural expertise that your project requires, if your project requires no structural calculations (ie if you are not planning to demolish large load bearing walls) then you will pay no additional fees.
If you think that you will need steel supports for openings etc then as a rule of thumb you should expect to pay about £75.00 in structural engineers fees for each steel beam that you will require. We will always get you a competitive quotation for your structural calculations so you can be confident you are getting great value for money.
For a fixed fee of just £395.00 we can provide a complete set of Single Storey Extension Drawings which are suitable for use as part of an application for Planning Permission and a Building Notice for Building Regulations.
Our Planning Drawings are suitable for the purposes of obtaining a Certificate of Lawful Development for standard Permitted Development projects, Neighbour Notification for a Larger Home Extension under new Permitted Development Rights and for a Full Planning Permission Application.
We will also provide all of the relevant information required for you to submit a Building Notice to your local Building Control Department so you can start your work on site with just 48 hours notice.
Our fees are fixed and you will receive all of the following services regardless of your location:
- We will visit you at a time that suits you;
- Your needs will be assessed on site and we will talk through your build options;
- We will conduct a Full Measured Survey and collect all of the information we will need;
- As Existing Floor Plans, Roof Plans and Elevations will be drawn at 1:100 scale on A3 paper and in full accordance with the requirements of your local Planning Authority;
- Draft drawings will be sent to you electronically which will demonstrate your Proposed Scheme for your review;
- We will modify the draft proposal drawings AS MANY TIMES AS NECESSARY until your proposed layouts are exactly what you are after - you can explain any changes you want by email, telephone, by sending marked up sketches or we can share our computer screens and make the changes as you watch;
- Once you are completely satisfied with the proposal we will produce As Proposed Floor Plans, Roof Plans and Elevations drawn to 1:100 scale on A3 paper and in full accordance with the requirements of your local Planning Authority;
- We will create your 1:1250 site map which will be required by the Planners (if you require Planning Permission) and Building Control;
- We will create Existing and Proposed 1:500 Block Plans of your site;
- A Building Regulations Scope of Works document will be created which will demonstrate our recommendations for your construction work, this will include specification requirements for foundations, walls, roofs, insulation, ventilation, doors/windows, services, drainage etc.
- We will create an A1 size 1:50 scale drawing of your proposed layouts with all dimensions clearly written and demonstrated; and
- 2 printed copies of your drawings and scope of works documents will be sent to you in the post as well as electronic PDF documents.
- We will not mess you around with our price! Our fees are fixed and there are no hidden extras to worry about with this service;
- Dealing with your local Planning Authority on your behalf is not included in this package, you will need to apply for Planning Permission directly using the Planning Portal - permitted development extensions do not always require any application or notification to be made to the planners but we will offer advice once we have seen your project;
- Dealing with your local Building Control on your behalf is not included in the package;
- Alterations to an agreed upon and finalised scheme cannot be undertaken without additional charge - current standard fees will apply;
- As with all of our packages Structural Calculations will not be included and your scheme will need individual assessment.